A report has suggested that Liverpool have made an offer to Paris Saint-Germain forward Kylian Mbappe, according to reports.
Mbappe has scored 24 goals and seven assists this term as his profile as one of the best players in world football continues to grow.
Reports at the beginning of November linked Liverpool with a £215m move for the Frenchman, suggesting that the Reds’ lack of transfers this summer meant that the money was ready to spend in 2020.
Jurgen Klopp poured cold water on the claims at the time and claimed it would be difficult for “any club” to buy Mbappe from PSG.
But El Desmarque (via Sport Witness) now give Liverpool a mention by saying there are ‘four offers on the table’ and that ‘there is Liverpool’.
The report adds that despite the offers on the table, Mbappe ‘does not seem to consider’ them with PSG also keen to keep their key player.
The post Report: One of ‘four offers on the table’ for Mbappe from Liverpool appeared first on Football365.
Sam Allardyce claims Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti was “frightened” to become Arsenal manager because of what it would do to his “reputation”.
Arsenal and Everton appointed Mikel Arteta and Ancelotti just a day apart after parting ways with Unai Emery and Marco Silva.
The Gunners took much longer to find the right man to take over at the Emirates after sacking Emery in November, while Everton were much quicker in bringing Ancelotti to Goodison Park.
FEATURE: Ancelotti is turning Everton’s ‘impossible’ European dream into reality…
Allardyce was asked why Ancelotti – who is thriving at Everton – didn’t decide to take up the Arsenal job instead.
“I don’t think Arsenal asked him,” Allardyce told TalkSport. “Frightened [to go to Arsenal] because of his reputation and what it might do. Everton, in terms of their spending, are up there with the best over the last couple of years or so.
“Everton are spending huge amounts of money [compared to Arsenal]. Ancelotti, I think would be promised the fact that he could go and sign some of the best younger players. He’s already alluded to that when he’s talking.”
The post Allardyce explains why Ancelotti was ‘frightened’ to join Arsenal appeared first on Football365.
Manchester United new boy Odion Ighalo will go straight into the squad for Monday night’s game at Chelsea, despite missing the club’s warm-weather training camp due to travel restriction concerns.
The 30-year-old completed a surprise loan switch from Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua on deadline day, but did not head to Spain with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s group because of the coronavirus outbreak which has so far killed more than 1,000 people in mainland China.
The United boss said over the weekend that the club had left Ighalo in the UK as they were unsure whether he would be allowed to return to the country, having arrived from China in the previous fortnight.
But despite missing the trip to Marbella, Solskjaer has confirmed that the striker will go straight into the squad for the trip to Stamford Bridge after the winter break.
“Yeah, he is going to travel with us,” the Norwegian said. “We will just see his fitness work this week and I think we will get him sharp.
“We want to integrate him as quickly as we can because, of course, he is desperate to play for us.”
Ighalo had started pre-season training in China before the sudden move to Manchester, where he is undergoing a strength-based fitness regime in a bid to get match-ready.
The Nigeria international’s new team-mates, meanwhile, are benefiting from their Spanish training camp and having some much-needed downtime.
“I think the boys enjoyed a break – they needed a break,” Solskjaer said. “But now they are back, focused and they have been working well.
“With the weather back home as well, this has been an even bigger plus for us. Being in Europe, because the travel isn’t too far, is also a good point because we don’t have too many days before we have to go back and get ready for Chelsea.”
January acquisitions Bruno Fernandes and Nathan Bishop, the young goalkeeper signed from Southend, are settling into a group that will soon be bolstered by the return from injury of Scott McTominay, Axel Tuanzebe and Tim Fosu-Mensah.
“I hope that we will see some of them before the end of this week,” Solskjaer told club media, having seen the trio start the camp doing individual work.
“But next week will be a big week for them as well to get them match fit, so hopefully we can get them back on the pitch with their kit on soon.
“It is a long season. Overall, during every season, every team has injuries and we have been hit badly this year and we have felt the lack of numbers.
“But when everyone is back, the competition for every place is big and hopefully we will have two games every week.
“We want to go through in the Europa League, we want to go through in the FA Cup and of course the league is important, so we need players to rotate with.”
Away from the field, United have formalised their intention to bring rail seating to Old Trafford.
The club have long been in favour of the idea of rail seating in principle and discussed the matter with the two Premier League clubs to have recently installed it, Tottenham and Wolves.
United recently conducted a feasibility study following changes to the Sports Ground Stadium Authority Green Guide and are now looking to bring rail seating to Old Trafford, potentially before the end of the season.
Minutes from the United fans’ forum on January 31 read: “A formal proposal was made to the local Safety Advisory Group in December 2019 to request a trial in a small section of the stadium (up to 1,500 seats in the North East Quadrant).
“Our belief is that the introduction of rail seating will enhance spectator safety in areas of the stadium where – as with other clubs – we have seen examples of persistent standing.
“The SAG committee is reviewing the request. This is not an automatic approval process. We will discuss the proposal in detail with the relevant authorities and will work through their compliance and review processes.”
The post Ighalo will be in Man Utd’s squad to face Chelsea on Monday appeared first on Football365.
Pep Guardiola has admitted that he never expected Liverpool to build up such a huge lead over his Manchester City side in the Premier League title race.
The postponement of City’s home fixture against West Ham United on Sunday ensured that Jurgen Klopp’s side will return to action against Norwich City following their winter break with their 22-point lead at the summit still intact.
Guardiola’s side have accumulated the two highest points totals in Premier League history over the previous two seasons, securing back-to-back titles with 100 points in 2017/18 and 98 points last term when they won their last 14 games on the bounce to edge out the Reds by a single point.
But such has been Liverpool’s dominance this campaign, the title race never really got going, and the Anfield side now just need 18 more points to secure their first Premier League title.
It’s a level of dominance that Guardiola admits he could not have envisaged.
Quoted by the National, he said: “We have a big rival 22 points ahead and that’s not good.
“We did something incredible and Liverpool is doing it now.
“We cannot deny the distance is big: 22 points. We didn’t expect it but we have to respect it.”
In 2018, City finished the Premier League season 25 points ahead of Liverpool, which currently represents a 47-point swing between the respective clubs’ fortunes.
He added: “Two years ago, we were 25 points ahead of them.
“This group of players won something unique.”
The post Guardiola admits shock at ‘incredible’ Liverpool lead appeared first on Football365.
A full-time result doesn’t always tells the story of a Premier League game, with momentum often regularly changing during the 90 minutes.
Liverpool have undoubtedly been the best team in the league this season and remain unbeaten after 25 games, but they have had to pull some results out of the bag after trailing.
Here’s a look at how long each Premier League side in the top five have spent winning, drawing and losing in the competition so far this season, based on data from Statsbomb.
Read the full article here.
The post Ranking the PL top five by amount of time they’ve led this term appeared first on Football365.
- Jurgen Klopp frustrated by Atletico Madrid as Liverpool lose first leg
- Jordan feuds with Raiola over Man Utd and ‘culture of division’
- Chelsea boss Frank Lampard says Harry Maguire should have seen red
- ‘Despite their 4-0 win’, Arsenal are still crap…
- Zidane frustrated as Real Madrid share spoils with strugglers Celta Vigo
- Hello world! on