Smith: Leicester loss was like basketball game
Dean Smith declared that Aston Villa’s 4-1 loss to Leicester was their biggest setback of the season.
Jamie Vardy scored a brace either side of goals from Kelechi Iheanacho and Jonny Evans to condemn the hosts to defeat, despite Jack Grealish’s goal.
Smith was frustrated with the way they allowed the game to open up – claiming Leicester didn’t outclass them tactically.
“We were too open and they were clinical,” he admitted to Match of the Day. “It became a basketball game and they were more clinical than we were.
“The lads don’t give up, they kept going. Leicester are a good team, they have confidence but we felt we could have a go.
“There wasn’t much tactics involved, Vardy has gone over the top a couple of times and scored. We have a lot of lessons, we are still growing.
“That is the biggest kick in the teeth and set back we have had.”
The post Smith: Leicester loss was like basketball game appeared first on Football365.
- Smith: Leicester loss was like basketball game
- Bayern suffer late defeat at Monchengladbach to fall further off Bundesliga pace
- Man City v Man Utd: Martial and Shaw start; Pep makes one change
- Lamouchi hails cameo from two-goal Grabban and denies resting top scorer
- Jack the lad: How much is Best-esque Grealish worth?
- Hello world! on