Johan Cruyff used a PE teacher to exact revenge on Ajax
Johan Cruyff will always be synonymous with Ajax, yet for the final season of his playing career, the Amsterdam club and its eternal icon were sworn enemies.
As he had always promised, Cruyff retired at the age of 31 in 1978, only to make a brilliant but bizarre return with the LA Aztecs after his investment in pig farms went belly up. Mojo rediscovered, he returned to Ajax in 1981 and duly helped the club win two titles and a Dutch Cup in two seasons.
The second of those campaigns saw a 36-year-old Cruyff miss 13 league games through niggling injuries but still contribute nine goals and 14 assists. He even scored the last goal in the Dutch Cup final victory over NEC Nijmegen as Ajax claimed the Double.
Read the full article here.
The post Johan Cruyff used a PE teacher to exact revenge on Ajax appeared first on Football365.
- Johan Cruyff used a PE teacher to exact revenge on Ajax
- Sanchez: I wanted to return to Arsenal after first day at Man Utd
- Messi’s future at Barcelona ‘difficult’, says father and agent
- Maguire shouted ‘f*** the Greek civilisation’, says arresting officer
- Five Premier League players with forgettable first spells
- Hello world! on